We aim to be a community where each individual is so in love with Jesus Christ that this love transforms every aspect of the individual’s life and priorities. We seek to become more like Christ through the way we follow him as Christians (literally “little-Christs”).
We seek to know God more personally through prayer and personal study of the Bible, as well as interaction with Scripture in community.
We aim for our worship gatherings to be a collective expression of the way that we worship God all throughout our week. We seek to worship God “in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24, Romans 12:1), meaning wherever we are breathing, we are worshiping. We aim to be the church, living lives of worship, rather than merely going to church as a ritual and giving God worshipful lip service.
We seek to communicate the truth of God’s Word and the abundant life that He brings to a culture that has ignored God and sought after instant gratification as its ultimate fulfillment. We will put this message into today’s language without compromising the Word of God. We seek to be relevant to our culture and to create space for people to explore and meet God.
We aim to live lives of authentic community as the early church did in Acts 2:42-47. We aim to be in community groups where people can come and eat, pray, and care for each other as we walk this journey of faith together.
Making New Disciples
Jesus calls us to make new disciples in Matthew 28:19-20. We aim to intentionally show and share the saving grace of Jesus with others in both speech and action, with the hope that they too will become disciples of Christ. We will do this intentionally by building relationships with our neighbors, co-workers, and all people God has put in our lives, and also to seek out new people to build these relationships with.
Caring Like Jesus, as First Priority
We aim to care about the things that Jesus cares about, both locally and globally. This will be our first priority in where we invest our time and our money. We will be generous towards the forgotten and will put the needs of the poor and broken above the needs of ourselves as an organized church. We want to impact the Greater Lansing community and the global community with the tangible love of Jesus Christ. We have a lively inner-city child and teen ministry in Lansing. We also have a partnership with a group of churches in Cite’ Soleil, Haiti, a large slum located within the capital city of Port-au-Prince.
STATEMENT OF BELIEF
- The Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one true and living God, existing in three co-equal and co-eternal persons, who has created all things out of nothing, and continues to sustain, provide, and rule all things to accomplish his purposes.
- That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, who added full humanity to His perfect deity, was born of a virgin, obeyed God perfectly, died for the sins of humanity, arose to life from death, and ascended to the Father.
- That the Holy Spirit came from the Father and Son to complete and perfect in us all the works Jesus began, convict of sin, form Christ-like character, and gift us for ministry.
- That people are created in God’s image, became sinners by choice, are alienated from God, possess no ability to restore themselves to right relationship with God apart from the finished work of Jesus Christ who calls, regenerates, justifies, adopts, and makes righteous.
- The Church, universally and locally, is a new people of God in which Christ has ultimate authority, is called together as Christ’s followers to share the truth and love of Jesus with the world, and has been granted two practices (baptism & the Lord’s Supper) to celebrate God’s work.
- That Jesus will personally and visibly return, establish His Kingdom, bodily resurrect all people for final judgment leading to eternal joy in God’s presence or eternal punishment in hell apart from Him.